...because there is a little country living in all of us



Thursday, January 26, 2012

French Labels and Post Road Vintage

I hope all of you are having a wonderful week!  So far so good for me.  The weather has been cooperating and we even had the sunshine peek out from behind the clouds yesterday morning!  But I can't go any further with this post until I thank each and every one of you.  You guys are the best!  I can't get over the fact that you all take time out of your busy lives to pay me a visit and leave such encouraging comments. 


I hung this old canning jar on a row of vintage chippy white hooks that Karl added to a bare wall in our bath.  I found a vintage style french label that I printed off at Karen's wonderful blog, The Graphics Fairy, and used Mod Podge to seal it to the jar.  You can find tons of great labels of any subject and for any creative project at The Graphics Fairy.  It is a lot of fun to go through them and see all the different choices.


This flower frog hanging vase top came from Heather at Post Road Vintage.  I bought a couple of these tops from Heather and love them.  You can use them for any season.  Here I added some winter berries.  Heather sells them at her online store.  Don't have any mason jars at home, don't worry, she sells those as well!













As I mentioned, I got this wonderful attached hanging flower frog top from Heather at Post Road Vintage.  If you haven't been over to her blog, you have to promise me that you will go soon!  Heather is a fellow Michigan blogger and her home and garden are most adorable.  I am excited to share a couple pictures from her beautiful blog with you as a small taste of what you will find over there.  Heather also has an online store that you can pick up your own mason jar soap dispenser or hanging mason jar flower vase.  To visit the Post Road Vintage Store *Click Here*


To read her Mason Jar Soap Dispenser Story *Click Here* 


Heather sells handmade wooden shelves as well.



{all photos courtesy of Post Road Vintage}



{all photos courtesy of Post Road Vintage}



{all photos courtesy of Post Road Vintage}

 
I also added another vintage French label with Mod Podge to an old glass jam jar.  This label is from The Graphics Fairy as well.  This one sits on our bathroom counter.





Yes, that is exactly what you you think it is in the background, a mason jar soap dispenser from Heather!  I love it here in my bath.




Thank-you again to all of you for stopping by.  And a big thank-you to Heather at Post Road Vintage and Karen at The Graphic Fairy for their inspiration.


 I hope you all have a wonderful day!


Maria ~Rusty Hinge


15 comments:

  1. Hi Maria,

    Ok, your blog posts never fail to inspire! I love what you've done to those jars - the winter berries are just delightful! :)

    And I too adore Heather, her blog and her store!!! She is one talented lady!!! :) Thanks for sharing!

    And looks like I see a tiny sneak peek of your bathroom - looks lovely from here! It's a treat to see more images of your beautiful home. Have a great night!


    Hugs,
    Jessie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Maria,
    I like what you did with the mason jars! I haven't tried the labels but you have inspired me.
    I love hooks in a bathroom! So much better then towel bars, I think.
    I have bought a couple pumps from Heather and love them, I'm going to order more!
    Did you see the front of the Feb. Country Living? And I just went and got my Artful Blogging! She's in there!!
    Enjoy your day~SueBee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the simplicity on your wall with the rusty hooks and hanging jar. The pop of red berries is perfect!!
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Morning Maria,
    I always look forward to your posts...you always have so many beautiful ideas to share! I adore the chippy hooks with the hanging jars. I have so many and am always trying to find new places to use them. It's so simple but so pretty. and I love to see more corners of your home. :)

    Isn't it fun to find things and inspiration from other gals...

    have a lovely day !
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Maria.. geez, humbled by all your kindness!! I really appreciate it! Your house is looking a-DOR-able!! I hope you have an awesome weekend!!

    xxHeather

    ReplyDelete
  6. I went, I'm hooked!
    Your French label jar is fantastic! I have an old perfume bottle that was found by a scuba diver friend. It is desperate for a French label! You have inspired me! Thank you, Maria!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how your winter berries in the jar look against the bare white wall. So simple yet so powerful!

    And now I must visit Post Road Vintage to see more of those inspiring pictures.

    Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! I am headed to both sites now! Have a great weekend Maria.

    MC

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Maria,
    Thanks for sharing all the great ideas for using jars and hooks around the home. Simple touches that go such a very long way. BTW, that little chest on your counter is adorable!!!
    Hugs,
    Patti
    We invite you to link to our WIW party and share these great ideas there, too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Maria-

    First of all, your blog is beautiful!
    And this post reminded me that I have a collection of flower frogs that I am going to dig out of my cabinet.

    Thank you for the inspiration-
    I am a new follower-
    Enjoyed visiting,
    Laura
    White Spray Paint

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is beautiful! I love how crisp and clean it looks. Thanks for stopping by my blog, I'm following you back.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such lovely pictures Maria! You are so talented! I love the simple beauty of each item and the way you were able to capture it!Magical!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think other web-site proprietors should take this website as an model, very clean and wonderful user genial style and design, as well as the content. You are an expert in this topic!
    Sorel Women's Cate The Great Boot

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love everything about this post....simple...clean and fresh,just the way I like it!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I love hearing from you and appreciate all of your comments. It's a treat to read each one!
Love,
Maria