...because there is a little country living in all of us



Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Can't Go Wrong with Roses

Roses are gorgeous.  They look wonderful anywhere and I love to grow them in my garden.  But the best roses are the unexpected kind!  I was having a bad day and Karl came home from work with a dozen (and it's not even Valentine's Day yet!)  I was beside myself with gratitude, not just for the roses, but for the wonderful husband I have.  I couldn't keep them all to myself so I am sharing them with you as well!










I couldn't resist taking pictures to show the way the sun was shining through the bright orange petals.   





I love the contrast of the orange against the gray zinc of my french pitcher.







Thank-you for letting me show you this surprise treat.  And thank-you to Karl, just for caring. 


Maria ~Rusty Hinge



A huge thank-you to Brenda as well, for featuring me on Cozy Little Cottage!






18 comments:

  1. So sweet of your husband. Your roses look beautiful in the zinc pitcher!

    Hope you have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are absolutely gorgeous and perfect in your zinc pitcher! Beautiful photographs! Hope you are feeling better and what a sweet husband!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are so pretty!! Love the photos. What a sweet husband you have:)
    Have a great day
    ~Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are just gorgeous, love that amazing color!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty Maria, the color is just gorgeous!!!~ What a sweet hubby to bring those to you!
    Hope you have a wonderful day.
    Sincerely,
    Melinda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are the prettiest color and love them in the galvanized pitcher. What a sweet hubby. Mine just never thinks of buying flowers. He is very affectionate though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty. The perfect additon to your amazing metal pitcher.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! Wonderful color choice and they look amazing in the pitcher! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those orange roses are so beautiful, and the zinc pitcher in which to display them is perfect!
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, those are beautiful! That was so thoughtful of your husband :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the Roses have not seen any with such depth of colour.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Maria,

    How sweet of your hubby to surprise you with roses! Don't you just love it when they do little unexpected things like that? And your roses look simply perfect and that gorgeous pitcher of yours. I'm sure that made your day much brighter! :)


    Hugs,
    Jessie

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a nice surprise that must have been. Love the pitcher.

    xo
    MC

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Maria,
    What a lovely surprise!
    I adore the way this pretty color pops against the tin!
    Take care,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Maria~~ Just saw your feature on Dreamy Whites. Looks great you lucky girl:))
    Have a great weekend
    xo
    ~Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful!
    Found you through Dreamy Whites :) ... Hi, I'm your newest follower!
    Feel free to stop by my lil'blog and have a look.

    Greetings from Australia♥

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a pretty colour! I am already a follower, but I am now also following on Linky Followers.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I love hearing from you and appreciate all of your comments. It's a treat to read each one!
Love,
Maria