...because there is a little country living in all of us



Monday, September 2, 2013

A Glimpse Into the Garden


Happy Labor Day!  I hope you are enjoying our final hurrah of summer as soon enough we welcome Fall onto our calenders.  Oh how I love summertime and it is always a little tough for me to say good-bye to it.  What about you?  What season do you enjoy most?




Come along with me as I show you a little peek into my garden.  It is long overdue for I have promised to show you weeks ago!




















Not knowing how to use these three wooden wall pockets for the longest time, I decided to put them to use as flower vases on a painted gazebo found on Amazon!  After painting the wall pockets white as well, I wired them to the sides of the gazebo and stuffed each with fresh flowers.  The wall pockets were a $5.00 garage sale find!
































In the background, you spot my vegetable garden comprised of eight raised beds of field stone found right here on our property!  I hauled the stones wheel-barrow at a time until I had enough to form the beds.  They host a variety of vegetables including tomatoes, beans, cucumbers, peppers, lettuce, beets, gourds, and potatoes to name a few!






I love to garden!  I can spend hours in the garden during the summer, but it feels like only minutes to me!  We have lived here for five years now and although we have a long way to go, I know we are making great strides in enhancing our old farmhouse.  I want to share with you two delightful gardens that have greatly inspired me along the way!  The first is Laurie's beautiful garden at Heaven's Walk and the second is Carolyn's seen at Aiken House & Gardens.  If you have not yet had a chance to visit these two, please go take a look!  They are gorgeous!




This coming week, I will be busy working on my contribution for the Fall Edition of Homebound!  I am excited to be on board once again and can't wait to share it with you when it is released!  Fall is such a fun season to celebrate with pumpkins, mums, and bittersweet vine galore!  How do you like to decorate for fall?  Do tell!  


(If you missed any of the back issues of Homebound and would like to catch up, they can all be found *Here*.)




Maria ~Rusty Hinge





I'm joining these parties:





34 comments:

  1. Your garden is beautiful and I love the glimpse of your lovely home too. You have some unique accents that I love also.
    I was surprised to see my name pop up-thanks for the kind words and the link.
    Take care,
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. yours is the kind of garden we all dream about! just so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I seriously don't think that I have the words to express my thoughts on the beauty of your garden.

    L O V E L Y . . . W E L C O M I N G . . . S P L E N D I D

    I have garden envy because my garden was pretty spectacular until August 10. We brought home an 8 week old puppy that day. And, Little Lulu is living up to her reputation tearing up the garden.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maria,
    Your gardens are breathtaking!!! You have poured your heart and soul into creating a lovely landscape that I'm sure is enjoyed by neighbors, family, and friends, and those who simply pass by.
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  5. So....gorgeous!
    Hope you are doing well!!
    xo~ Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  6. My first visit here and your garden is really beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My first visit here and your garden is really beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bonjour,

    Comme prévu, après mes longues semaines éloignées des blogs, me revoici parmi vous ! Vous m'avez beaucoup manqué...
    Je suis heureuse d'ouvrir aujourd'hui la page de votre dernière publication.

    Quel jardin merveilleux ! Quel travail de rigueur vous avez dû avoir pour obtenir un si incroyable résultat. Bravo !
    La saison que je préfère est en numéro un le printemps puis bien évidemment l'été. Je ne supporte pas l'hiver qui perdure toujours un peu et pas davantage l'automne qui me met dans un état de mal-être. Il m'apporte des moments de pseudo-angoisse. J'ai beaucoup de mal avec cette saison.
    Je vous fais de gros bisous et merci pour vos belles et généreuses photos.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just amazing!! Can you please come and help me????

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your gardens are truly beautiful...and your wonderful view makes the best backdrop! Thanks for sharing...I'm still smiling...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your garden is so so so so wonderful Maria.....love from me...Ria...x !

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow Maria. It is spectacular! You've done a great job and what a beautiful house and property.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful garden! And I can't wait to see the Fall edition of Homebound.

    Goedele

    ReplyDelete
  14. My goodness! Your gardens are just beautiful...a real labor of love. I can tell all the time and attention you have poured into them. They are gorgeous! Love it- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  15. Holy moly, Maria! Your gardens are amazingly beautiful!!! All the color and textures mix so wonderfully! Thank you so much for the sweet shout-out, too. That was so nice of you! My gardens right now are looking a bit wimpy and not-so-colorful because of our recent week of hot/humid weather. After swooning over your photos, I definitely need to add some more color next year. lol

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  16. All your flowers and gardens are gorgeous!!! So lovely to look at and enjoy!! :) Happy September! xo Holly

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi. I was stopping by blogs in hopes of getting some help on a Martha Stewart Contest....I've been nominated and I was trying to get Votes to help Win...if you have time I would love to see you come by my blog, Vote and also enter in a giveaway for your support!! Your able to vote 6 times in a row daily until Sept. 13th!! I would greatly appreciate it!! Thanks so much!
    Daisy~

    ReplyDelete
  18. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Just beautiful - your love of gardening shows!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful Maria! I love all the different colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. It's absoluty marvelous !!!!
    Kissessss to the gadener !
    Mimie

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful! Your gardens are like little galleries in a big museum!
    w/L

    ReplyDelete
  23. bonsoir
    je suis amie avec gélie,et j'habite en france !!la provence ,vers les Saintes Maries,de la mer!!
    votre blog est très beau!!le jardin splendide!!
    j'habite aussi une ancienne maison provencale ici on appelle ça un Mas!!
    bonne soirée et merci de ce partage

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love your blog and the gardens, Looks like the type of place I wish I could put roots in. Just joined, will be back to read more later.

    Please feel free to visit my blog @ http://cynthiasfairiesandme.blogspot.ca/
    In love and light
    Cyn

    ReplyDelete
  25. So beautiful Maria,
    So very peaceful looking.

    You have garden beds to love.

    Xx
    Dore

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful photos! How lovely it must be to enjoy the beauty of the garden at your own home!

    I enjoy the summer because of the bright and nice sunlight, though I would have to say my favorite season is Fall. I love how the leaves on trees turn such beautiful colors...and the weather is delightful!

    Please check out my blog which has articles on a number of topics including: "The Importance of Family", "Our Need for God", "Is Jesus the Only Way?", "God's word", "Purity", "Self Esteem", and "Women".

    http://www.babypinkroses.blogspot.com/

    Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love your beautiful garden! What a wonderful place to enjoy the scenery!

    Jody

    ReplyDelete
  28. OMG Maria! This isn't just a glimpse of your stunning garden, it's more like a tour of it! Gosh, how do you do it?!?! What is your secret?!?! That is a whole lotta garden...but I LOVE it all!

    Anyway, it's been awhile since I've posted (finally did one), and a long while since I've visited, so thought I'd drop in to say "hello!" I've missed your posts my dear! Wish I was a better blogger.

    Anyway, thank you for sharing all your loveliness, my friend! I also enjoyed your feature in one of my magazines...you are truly talented!


    Hugs,
    Jessie

    ReplyDelete
  29. Horticultural dreamland, Maria!

    www.vaultingventures.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. I have only one word: MARVELOUS!!
    In only 5 year your love and passion creates a little paradise.
    Compliments darling =)
    Silvia

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I love hearing from you and appreciate all of your comments. It's a treat to read each one!
Love,
Maria