...because there is a little country living in all of us



Sunday, October 2, 2011

Saying Farewell to Summer

Hello again, everyone!  I hope you are all having a wonderful Sunday.  I awoke this morning with the sun streaming through my window, and after a week of rain, I was overjoyed.  Then, I saw the white frost blanketing my gardens.  We have officially had our first hard frost here in northern Michigan.  Today, I said good-bye to summer and another growing season.  This inevitable day is always hard for me every year, so today I want to celebrate what was my summer garden, and share one last look at it with you.







This is my little metal chandelier I have hanging from the tree branch above my rose iron bistro table and chair set.





An old bicycle with a burlap-lined basket is packed with impatiens.  Clematis vine twines around the bicycle wheel.




A Carpet Rose variety.  Although very thorny, it is hardy and blooms all summer long!


I picked up this chippy, wicker plant stand at a garage sale for a couple dollars!  The pink impatiens match my pink porch chairs.


Thank-you for joining me on one last stroll through my summer garden.  I hope you have enjoyed yourself as much as I have.  Although bittersweet, today turned out to be a beautiful fall day.

Maria ~Rusty Hinge

3 comments:

  1. your garden is beautiful~ thanks for sharing~ xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Maria- I wish I had such a sprawling yard!! The benefits of Michigan:) Here is in Southern Cal...not a chance! It is so lovely.
    Have a great day!
    ~Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful garden you have! I love the way the vines are taking the bike. So fresh and natural, I can almost smell it. Great post!
    New follower,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I love hearing from you and appreciate all of your comments. It's a treat to read each one!
Love,
Maria

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.