...because there is a little country living in all of us



Saturday, December 24, 2011

For Unto Us a Child is Born

"For to us a child is born, to us a Son is given and the government shall be upon his shoulder and his name shall be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace."
                                                                                                   -Isaiah 9:6


Joy to the world, the Lord has come!  Merry Christmas, everyone!  I hope you are all having a wonderful day shared with family and friends. 



We have several parties in the next couple days.  Karl and I are celebrating our own special party tonight, Christmas Eve.  I usually cook several favorite dishes, we sing a couple Christmas hymns together, then open each other's gifts.  It is such a special time.  I can't wait!



Then after church on Christmas day, it's off to Karl's parents for some more family fun!



What about you?  Do you have lots of special parties planned? 








At this time, we are all remembering the manger, but we can not forget the Cross and what Christ did for us.  And because of that we can truly be filled with comfort and joy!

 

So go, sample some Christmas cookies with your niece, watch a family special with your mother, share a laugh with your uncle... and know with all your heart that our Savior has come and He is born this day!





A very Merry Christmas to you and your family,



 
Maria ~Rusty Hinge




17 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful post Maria!!
    I hope you and your husband have a wonderful and joyous Christmas!!
    Gorgeous photos!!
    Sincerely,
    Melinda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas Maria. Love your photos. We are having mostly party food tonight, and watching movies. Church tomorrow morning, opening presents, and more food.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas, Maria. I love that verse from Isaiah. Your photos are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely beautiful post, Maria! Merry Christmas to you both. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Merry Christmas! Love the Isaiah Scripture - it reminds me of Handel's Messiah, a favorite!
    -Revi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful post Maria! Merry Christmas my friend! xoxo Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  7. Merry Christmas to you and your family. Looking forward to seeing what 2012 holds for us....
    xo~Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful post, Amen! Wishing you a very merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wishing you a very Merry Christmas!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such beautiful photos..
    MeRrY ChRiStMaS..

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wishing you a wonderful Christmas Maria - may if be filled with peace and joy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Maria... I am so happy you found my blog and left a comment, as now I have found yours!... I hope you had a very Merry Christmas!... looking forward to your posts, as we both look forward to Spring!... signing on as your newest follower... xoxo Julie Marie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Maria-
    Thanks for stopping by my blog and saying,"Hi" so I could visit YOUR blog! You have a gorgeous home....I look forward to seeing how the two of you transform your farmhouse into a magical place :o)
    Wishing you a Happy New Year!!!
    ~Des

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Maria, thank you so much for your kind comment on my blog, I discovered your blog last week I believe or two weeks ago via "the old painted cottage" and just love it, am now following you also! Soooo inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Maria,

    Oh my, this post is just lovely - both the images and the meaning behind it!!! Hope you had a wonderful holiday with your hubby! :) May you both be blessed with many more Christmases together!!!


    XO's,
    Jessie

    ReplyDelete
  16. Maria,

    Nice charming & light decorations. Where is your tree? I would like to see it too. I replaced my star with a White Sapphire Stone just like this one > http://www.thenaturalsapphirecompany.com/Sapphires/Unique

    ReplyDelete
  17. now have I missed this blog for this long??

    I'm in love

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I love hearing from you and appreciate all of your comments. It's a treat to read each one!
Love,
Maria