...because there is a little country living in all of us



Thursday, March 22, 2012

Another Bucket of Blooms

Spring is definitely here!  We have had record high temperatures all week!  The sun is shining, birds are singing, and my garden has come to life!  It is very, very unusual to be in the eighties this time of year, and Karl says that we might yet get another snow storm (we usually aren't "safe" until mid April.)  I think more snow would literally crush me!  I love spending my days outside in my garden, and I would feel so deflated if I had to revert back to winter again!




I had mentioned that I love these old ice cream maker buckets of wood and I previously showed you how I filled one of them with paperwhites.  If you want to check it out again, you can see it *Here*.  Today as promised, I would like to show you my other one.  It sits on my stainless baker's prep cart that I repurposed into my kitchen island.  The bucket is filled with spring blossoms that will never fade because they are faux stems picked up at Hobby Lobby.  But they do look real, don't they?








I found this beauty at Olde Tyme Marketplace.  If you haven't shopped Beth's treasures, you must head over right now.  She really has an eye for finding just the right "junk" for everyone!


















A stack of linen hand towels and rolled grainsack napkins sit in a round dough trencher.  I love these vintage dough trenchers.  They tell such a story with their hand carved lines.  If you ever have an opportunity to take one home, don't hesitate.  You will not regret it.  They are so versatile, and you can fill them with anything to accentuate your decor.   




















If you look closely, (your eyes are not deceiving) you can see that my kitchen countertops are indeed red!  They came that way in my old farmhouse, along with a huge original cast iron sink.  But I will have to show that another day.  I was a bit hesitant to reveal any part of my kitchen to you, as I thought it all had to be updated before it could be seen.  It is very small and outdated (I don't even have a dishwasher!)  But it is growing on me and it is country in the truest sense of the word!  My home will always be a work in progress with so many projects to do, but isn't that part of the fun?  If any of you have an old home, you know what I am talking about.  What is your latest home improvement?  Do you have a long  "honey-do" list like I do?  I would love to hear about it!    








Well, there you have it, now you have seen both of my ice cream buckets!  Thank-you again, Beth, for this chippy white piece of deliciousness!

  And on a final note, there has been a lot of Pinterest talk about pinning photos with out permission and deleting boards.  I haven't decided yet what to do with my boards, but I love it when you pin my photos (such a huge compliment!)  So go ahead and pin away if you so desire without any reservation!



Now get out there and enjoy this beautiful day!  Happy Spring, everyone!




Maria ~Rusty Hinge







I'm joining these parties:


No Minimalist Here





French Country Cottage


vif187 





Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special

 


38 comments:

  1. The faux branches and flowers look so real anymore, hard to tell the difference, except my cats don't try to eat the faux ones! lol! Just beautiful, Maria!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BEAUTIFUL photos! Sometimes I slip some fake branches in around my house...they look so real anymore that, especially with the branch types, you can't tell. Your photos, as always, are so beautiful. You really have a gift for photography.

    I like the red countertops, which is surprising for me! You have so many lovely touches of red already throughout your home that they fit right in. Anyway, country homes aren't all matchy matchy with the latest updates. And I wish I didn't have a dishwasher...it's the ugliest thing!

    Happy Spring...fingers are crossed that the snow stays away! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the linen hand towels! Your ice cream buckets are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your photos are lovely and I am going to pin a couple of them right now....
    Greetings from the brocantes of France!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Maria, love your ice cream bucket, sweetie! I have two. They melt my heart. I put pear blossoms in my green one for spring. Love your farmhouse kitchen! I am about to do kitchen updates...always projects going on here too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So, so beautiful my friend!!~ I always get so excited to see when you post, I adore seeing photos of your gorgeous farmhouse!! I love the red counter tops, it's a perfect part of your farmhouses' history.
    Hope your doing well and enjoy your gorgeous day!!
    Sincerely,
    Melinda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea. I had one and ended up selling it for what I paid for it. Had I seen your post, I don't think that would have happened!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow I thought the blooms were real Maria! So pretty!! And I had to LOL when I saw your red countertops because my kitchen is still in major need of a facelift too!! ;) Have a beautiful day my friend!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so glad to have found your blog. I love it! I'm your newest follower. :)

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Maria, I love your red countertops and I also love the tins on top of your fridge.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, I LOVE every photo and will happily be pinning away! I too love the red and the tins on the fridge, and once I get a new ice cream maker I know what I'm doing with the 35 year old wooden one we got for our wedding! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hasn't this weather been amazing? Down here it has been in the high 80's the last few day!! I have been cleaning the gardens and put out all my watering cans and all my pear trees are blooming. I know it is way to early but we better enjoy it while it lasts after all we are in Michigan!!
    I really love the little peek into your kitchen!!! Have a wonderful rest of the week Maria!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I found your blog today. I love vintage ice cream freezers. I had a beautiful blue one and my husband got rid of it. I enjoyed your gorgeous photos. I am a new follower.
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Maria, everything is so beautiful. Very springy indeed! Love that you have a sweet country kitchen in your farmhouse and haven't rushed into any updates. Hope all is well with you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Maria,

    Your pictures of your sprigs of pink blossoms in the old rusty ice cream bucket is enchanting. Just so lovely words can't say, wow, well done, ma'am!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Eeeek! I walked right by those stems two days ago at Hobby Lobby.....and didn't buy them!!!! DUH!! I need to go back and get them now that I see how pretty and realistic they look in your kitchen, Maria! I hear ya about your kitchen counter, girlie. You've seen mine. Icky, ugly tan, lumpy tiles. Yuck! On the honey-do list....for the future.

    Congrats to you on your feature in the latest Homebound e-mag, too!! You did a fabulous job!!

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh....and about Pinterest. I deleted boards, then started back up again - just pinning my own photos or photos of my favorite blog friends (like you!). Thanks for the permission to pin!

    xxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your flowers absolutely look real! Especially in that ice cream bucket. You have a wonderful style and your vignettes are delightful.
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful photos and I can't believe how real those flowers look..
    I think I will be off to Hobby Lobby tomorrow..

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love that icecream bucket with the flowering branches--adorable! Thanks for syaing you don't mind pinning--I am going to pin that! I am only pinning now where I know it is okay.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love, love your bucket of blooms, specially the bucket.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  22. beautiful! yes, they do look real....perfect spring flowers. visiting from feathered nest friday.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Je découvre votre blog avec délice... De très belles photos.
    Gros bisous

    ReplyDelete
  24. Molto belli e originali...ciao Marina

    ReplyDelete
  25. Happy Spring Maria! Love your ice cream buckets ~ there is one at the shop across from my booth that I've been eyeing for so long! It is in the prettiest shade of aqua and would look so cute on my porch at my campground!

    I'm on the fence too about Pinterest...decisions, decisions!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Maria~~ Everything look so pretty as usual. Its funny I bought an old ice cream bucket awhile ago and then didn't really know what to do with it. I will try and put some blooms in it. I'll let you know how it turns out.
    HOpe you have a great weekend
    ~Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh what a lovely blog I love your icecream pail. and I do know that work in progress thing=
    my house is 301 years old there is always a long honey to do list,

    Take care of yourself

    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi your blog is beautiful. Those blossoms are wonderful and they do look real. I have a bucket I want to put some in but I couldn't decide if I wanted to use real or fake. Yours look so beautiful I think I need to take a look at what hobby lobby has. Thanks for sharing.
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  29. Maria,
    The photos are stunning!! The ice cream bucket looks happy as a clam in your beautiful kitchen!
    Thank you for sharing!
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hello Maria! I've just discovered your blog via All thing chic2, and I find it beautiful.
    Your taste is very similar to mine, even if I don't live in the country but in a Italian town.
    Nice to meet you
    Silvia

    ReplyDelete
  31. What a pretty post...I so want a grain sack...maybe one day! x0

    ReplyDelete
  32. Lovely photos. Wish I can take care a plant like this on my condo in Philippines.

    ReplyDelete
  33. I love the ice cream churn! Your photos are always so beautiful. Thanks for linking to the Open House party. xo, Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hi Maria, just wanted to let you know that I'll be featuring this gorgeous post on VIF tomorrow, thanks so much for coming by and linking up to the party!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Beautiful!! I love your gorgeous post- and definitely want to see more of your charming kitchen too! Sharing at tonights party~ thanks for linking up at Feathered Nest Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  36. How beautiful. I loved that you shared a little of your kitchen. Living in an old farmhouse, I completely understand and sometimes it helps me to see that others have homes that are a work in progress as well! Your home and style are fabulous and very inspiring. I'm happy to have found your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Love, Love, Love this!I want one! and your kitchen is Beautiful! I've pinned this and I'm know a follower!

    ReplyDelete
  38. So very lovely...and your photos are stunning! Also LOVE the name of your blog :) Following along! Chat soon, laurel

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I love hearing from you and appreciate all of your comments. It's a treat to read each one!
Love,
Maria