...because there is a little country living in all of us



Saturday, February 23, 2013

A Little Sneak Peek...

Hello everyone!  How are you?  I am back home from Tennessee and I had a wonderful time!  I already miss my sister like crazy and sadly I won't be seeing her again until summer.  To keep busy, I have started focusing on some of my next big projects.  One of them being the opening of my online shop!  I hope to have a few things posted and available for purchase by as soon as next week!  I wanted to give you a little sneak peek at some of the vintage treasures that will be for sale. 




I have been racking my brain on how I would like to do this.  So far, I have come up with this... I will list photos of vintage treasures including the description and price within blog posts periodically as they enter the shop.  The first email to request it will get it.  In your email, please list your shipping address and I will get an exact shipping price to add to your Paypal invoice.  The shipping quote will include delivery confirmation and insurance for breakables.  My shop will be a potpourri of vintage country relics such as, but not limited to, old dishware, linens, collectibles and decor items.  You never know what will be available next, so please keep one eye on the shop!  I am also open to any suggestions or if there is something in particular you are searching for feel free to shoot me an email.




On another note, can I take a moment to brag up my hubby?  I arrived back home late Monday evening after being in a long 12-hour car ride from Tennessee and there on our kitchen island was a pot of pink tulips awaiting me!  Not only that, but the dishes were done and he even vacuumed the main floor!  Wow, what a wonderful and pleasant surprise!  Thank you very much, Karl!  








Thank you again for all of your sweet comments!  I can't tell you how much they mean to me!  I read each and every one of them.  Thank you!



I will be back soon for the 'Grand Opening' of my new online shop!




Maria ~Rusty Hinge





25 comments:

  1. I love the light green chair in your post. It would completely match the green kitchen we featured this week:
    http://thejunkdrunk.wordpress.com/2013/02/22/get-it-together-kitchenette-with-green-details/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the eggs for sale sign, how much is that! Di@didifinds@gmail.com I would love to get that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your new venture of the shop.
    Excited to see what you will be selling.
    Also what a wonderful husband.
    The tulips are beautiful.
    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on opening a shop, that is on my to-do list also:)
    Love your tulips and if hubby placed them in the bowl, it was the perfect spot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to see your store. Best of luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How sweet of your Mr. lil treats are always sweet as can be.How exciting for your up and coming online shop.It looks like you have some great treasures already.I will keep a watch.~Blessings Kim

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful guy! Vacuuming???? haha! Looks like you'll have some great stuff in your shop!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What fun to have a shop! You are going to love it. I am sorry that you are missing your sister...make sure you treasure every moment you have with her. Sounds like your guy is a keeper! Have a wonderful weekend- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on your online shop.. you have some beauties....Glad your trip to TN went well. Blessings on your new business!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on opening a shop...it is on my list for this year too.
    I'm missing my sister so very badly right now...she is out in California visiting her daughter and granddaughters. She left at the beginning of February and won't be back here until the end of March.
    Beautiful flowers...your hubby is a keeper for sure!!
    ~Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nous souffrons tous de l'éloignement d'un être cher... En ce qui me concerne ce sont trois de mes quatre enfants qui me manquent...
    Je vous souhaite plein de bonnes choses avec ce joli projet. merci de partager avec nous ces merveilleuses photos.
    Gros bisous

    ReplyDelete
  12. So good luck for your new adventure! It will be a success: The thing you show are gorgeous!
    xoxo
    Silvia

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can't wait for your shop-good luck with it! Glad you had a good time visiting your sister in Tennessee. Your husband sounds like a wonderful man. You know he missed you. Diana

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good Morning and Good Luck with the shop. I can't wait to see what you put in the shop. I am lovin that eggs sign too. I think you will have that sold before you open the shop. Very vintate cute!!!!
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello Maria! I wish you good luck with your shop! I' m sure you will have a lot of success and fun. Have a nice week! With love, Geli

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh you have some lovely things to offer for sale! How fun :) ANd what a wonderful hubby to get flowers AND clean and do dishes!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am so happy for you as you step out on this new adventure, Maria! I don't doubt at all that your sweet shop will be a big success! :) I'll be keeping a close eye on your treasures, for sure! And let Karl know that he received a big "atta boy!" from all us gals out here! lol

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  18. He's so sweet. I'd hang on to him, if I were you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I already like your shop, based on the photographs in this post. Can't wait for it to open! I have an old bowl similar to the the one the tulips are in. It belonged to my mama. What a great idea to display it with flowers in it.

    I don't know if I have already complimented you on your decorating style. I absolutely love it! I always look forward to a new Rusty Hinge post.

    Thanks for sharing and good luck on your shop.

    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great. cannot wait. Love that little yellow metal
    'dish', and that crock thingy....

    will you have another whole blog? or a different page on this one??

    I'll keep an eye out. =)

    blessings
    barb

    ReplyDelete
  21. I know what you mean about missing a sister. Mine only lives 100 miles away, but she is a busy traveling executive (in Tokyo now) and I only see her a few times a year.

    I look forward to exploring your shop. Is that little green chair for sale?

    ReplyDelete
  22. I found your blog through Dreamy Whites and am a new follower! I love your decorating style and its nice to find younger bloggers who are into vintage decor. Looking forward to reading more.

    Nicole-Sweet Peas

    ReplyDelete
  23. I can't wait for your shop! I love everything you are showing in your
    post...I have been looking over your older posts and my what a beautiful home
    you have. I love your decorating and I love your kitchen cabinets with the
    red counter tops......I hope you don't 'update' them...they look like good old true farmhouse style, Corinne

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hello sweet friend! How are you? It's always a joy to peruse through your posts and photos - your vintage treasures are just that...beautiful treasures!!! Can't wait to see your shop! Anyway, take care and enjoy the rest of your week!


    Hugs,
    Jessie

    ReplyDelete
  25. Very cozy and pleasant to the eyes.Love the arrangements.



    door hinges

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I love hearing from you and appreciate all of your comments. It's a treat to read each one!
Love,
Maria