...because there is a little country living in all of us



Tuesday, December 2, 2014

2014 Holiday Housewalk ~ Decking These New Halls


It is once again that time of year named most wonderful!  Yay!  I am simply delighted to be back with so many lovely Christmas homes featured in Jennifer Rizzo's Holiday Housewalk 2014!  You just found your way to Stop #13 of Day 2 in the tour.  Welcome, welcome, we are so glad that you are here!  




This year proved quite a challenge decking the halls as we just recently relocated to our 'new to us' 1906 Victorian home in town leaving our farmhouse and the wide open rural space behind.  Everything we owned was packed up in (unlabeled!) boxes and tucked in each corner and crevice here.  Wow, what a mess to sort through!  I was pulling my hair out and couldn't seem to find where I had placed all of our Christmas decor boxes and in many rooms it looked as if a tornado had gone through (in fact some still do, but who's telling?!)  The good news is I finally feel like we are starting to make headway and get settled in to make this new house a home!  So why don't you come on inside where it is warm and take a peek at the progress we have made here thus far!  I have been so excited to show you!




Want to start this merry parade of homes from the beginning?  Simply click *Here* or on the Balsam Hill Holiday Housewalk button above!




If you hadn't had a chance to pop into Melaine's gorgeous home at Stop #12, you must head over right away for some serious jaw-dropping inspiration!  To go back and check it out, please click  *Here* or on her button above.


































This old child's sleigh, fashioned of vintage table legs is stuffed with miniature trees to become conversation piece in the living room!  Burlap coffee sacks bundle each tree to complete the rustic look!


















An antique church hymnal plaque is turned chalkboard message board in the entry room!  I painted fitted wooden slats with chalkboard paint then slid them into place.  Just pull each one out again to chalk a new message!












When we first walked through our 1906 home, we fell in love with all the original woodwork here and I have just been itching to dress it up with a little Christmas cheer!  Shh, a little secret, although the garland looks every bit as real as the garland hanging out on my front porch, it is a faux spruce garland from Balsam Hill!   Isn't it perfect?




















I love decorating with these antique birdcages at Christmas time!  Simply tuck in vintage bottle brush trees or ornaments for a festive look!  Antique Victorian birdcages will be coming to the shop soon!




















































An old metal stool becomes the focal point in this vignette of bottle brush trees!








This large old chicken coop nester is perfect for corralling my large collection of antique European ironstone!  It is that time to start sorting through it all and pass some along!  Look for ironstone in the shop soon!










































"For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders.  And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace."
Isaiah 9:6

"Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance:  Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners-of whom I am the worst.  But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life."
1 Timothy 1:15-16




Thank you, THANK YOU for coming by!  It has been wonderful having you!  The tour doesn't end here by any means,  feel free to make your way over to the next stop, Town and Country Living to the lovely home of Jennifer!  You will be stopped dead in your tracks when you see her Christmas home!  It is beyond words!  Please click *Here* or on her button above to pay her a visit!



Merry Christmas!







31 comments:

  1. Oh I love your home and your decor looks amazing. Love the stairs and the fabulous woodwork.

    ReplyDelete
  2. its all so pretty!! love your bottlebrush trees!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, I just loved every nook and cranny! I hope you can join me for Christmas in the Country at my site now thru December 12th. There is a link up party and over 40 blogger home tours! Hope to see you there and I can feature your post! xxx....Brooke from
    Creative Country Mom's Vintage Home and Garden

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Maria your new home is stunning!! What an elegant Victorian abode! And of course your Christmas decor is beautiful, as always :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. danke für die inspirationen und liebe grüße von angie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I look forward to your home decorated for Christmas all year. I was so excited to see today was the day! You have truly outdone yourself this year. Every thing is so festive and cheerful looking and I adore your collections of vintage holiday decorations. I have a small but ever growing collection of bottle brush trees, toy deer and glass ornaments. Someday I hope to be able to use them all as effortlessly as you seem to! Happy Holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous Maria - your home is amazing in any season but has that extra something during Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty Maria and I love your bannister! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahhhh your home is just lovely! Every picture is so inspiring......before starting at the first stop I need to go over each picture once more.....such a talent! xx ~Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  10. Maria, Thank you so much for being a part of the holiday house walk and sharing your beautiful decor!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your new home is gorgeous, Maria! I just adore your style. You have impeccable taste. Sharing on my FB page tomorrow ;)
    Hugs, Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, Maria, your home is beautiful. You have a true Victorian and it is so charming. Mine pales in comparison, it is Victorian in name only next to yours. I will be visiting often..Happy Tuesday..Judy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! can't wait until you unpack all your boxes and get settled in! Your home is gorgeous! Love all the wood and the details in the staircase and newel post are phenomenal! Your home is stunning and decorated beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Maria, your home is absolutely beautiful! Thank you for sharing it with all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's such a delight to be invited into your new home. You have that natural ability and creativity to turn your home into a warm, welcoming, and beautiful sanctuary. Love, Love, Love your style!
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your home looks so cozy and inviting for the holidays! I love all of the deep rich colors you've used and the floral wallpaper. And your glass hutch is a beauty. Love it!
    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  17. Maria, I enjoyed taking the tour of your holiday housewalk. Gorgeous collections, chippy goodness, and vintage charm. Thank you for sharing. Michelle @ Dandelion Patina

    ReplyDelete
  18. I enjoyed the tour of your beautiful home! I checked your blog out after the article in Christmad Ideas

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your house looks great decorated for the holidays. I especially love what you did with the church hymn board.. it looks amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I want the whole house! I'm posting to my facebook so that I can look at your ideas over and over!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I LOVE how your home is decorated. We also have dark woodwork and I love the richness it adds to a room. Love your style and decor. x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow! What a wonderful home... decorated so lovely! I love the "for unto us a child is born" hymnal board!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Maria, the sign on the mantel says it all....Amazing Grace!
    Your hone stuns even the best of collectors without a doubt. I so wish I were a neighbor so you would invite me in to take a closer more personal look :)
    You have a home to truly love.

    Keep inspiring us.
    Xx
    Dore

    A Joyeux Noël

    Doré

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a lovely home and the woodwork is amazing! . Thank you for sharing your home and the draped garland from Balsam Hill on your staircase only accentuates the balusters and the banister with your gold ribbon accent. Thank you for participating in this Housewalk and doing a wonderful display of the garland.

    ReplyDelete
  25. unglaublich schön und liebevoll ist Euer Haus geschmückt - doe Fotos sind zum träumen schön!
    viele Gruesse aus Deutschland
    Jacqui

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh, what bliss! Gorgeous!
    Merry Christmas to you and yours.
    Linda at Beautiful Ideas

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Fanny ! I love your blog , you have a new follower
    Angelica

    ReplyDelete
  28. Ok I seriously am gasping over this tour!!!! I just moved into a 1925 home full of beautiful dark woodwork, after living in a shabby all-whites cottage for 6 years. I've never had dark wood trim but I refuse to paint it. I am decorating the same way you have, adding shabby cottage elements right in with the dark and it's growing on me. I love our home but I did pine a little o
    During Christmas when I saw all the tours with whites and creams and wondered if is ever get my style on here. But I'm determined to bring dark wood back on my blog this year!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love your decorations. The woodwork in this house is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I'm so sad there are no more blog posts 8-(.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Just beautiful. I love the old shiny ornaments in the rustc dough bowl. I have a beautiful oval dough bowl handed down through family. One side is indented from use. I picture tapping the rolling pin to get flour off in that spot. How many biscuits did that dough bowl make? I just cherish the old things from the past. I use mine especially in the fall and Christmas for a table center piece. I will have to post a picture on my blog. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I love hearing from you and appreciate all of your comments. It's a treat to read each one!
Love,
Maria