...because there is a little country living in all of us



Sunday, October 2, 2011

Saying Farewell to Summer

Hello again, everyone!  I hope you are all having a wonderful Sunday.  I awoke this morning with the sun streaming through my window, and after a week of rain, I was overjoyed.  Then, I saw the white frost blanketing my gardens.  We have officially had our first hard frost here in northern Michigan.  Today, I said good-bye to summer and another growing season.  This inevitable day is always hard for me every year, so today I want to celebrate what was my summer garden, and share one last look at it with you.







This is my little metal chandelier I have hanging from the tree branch above my rose iron bistro table and chair set.





An old bicycle with a burlap-lined basket is packed with impatiens.  Clematis vine twines around the bicycle wheel.




A Carpet Rose variety.  Although very thorny, it is hardy and blooms all summer long!


I picked up this chippy, wicker plant stand at a garage sale for a couple dollars!  The pink impatiens match my pink porch chairs.


Thank-you for joining me on one last stroll through my summer garden.  I hope you have enjoyed yourself as much as I have.  Although bittersweet, today turned out to be a beautiful fall day.

Maria ~Rusty Hinge

3 comments:

  1. your garden is beautiful~ thanks for sharing~ xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Maria- I wish I had such a sprawling yard!! The benefits of Michigan:) Here is in Southern Cal...not a chance! It is so lovely.
    Have a great day!
    ~Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful garden you have! I love the way the vines are taking the bike. So fresh and natural, I can almost smell it. Great post!
    New follower,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I love hearing from you and appreciate all of your comments. It's a treat to read each one!
Love,
Maria